I work with young and women entrepreneurs and small business owners to anticipate and protect the legal needs of your business so that you can accomplish your goals and achieve the lifestyle you hoped for when you started your company.
It’s still a bit of the Wild, Wild West out there on the Internet. And if you’ve ever needed the services of a lawyer, then you know this to be true: traditional law firms don’t “get” online business.
I understand online businesses because I run one myself.
I decided to focus my law practice to serving the needs of businesses that primarily work online when, before I became a lawyer, I experienced firsthand how difficult working with traditional law firms could be. Having to leave work early so I could talk to an attorney, or being talked down to as if I wasn’t smart enough to understand the law or make a decision about the legal aspects of my life, all the while being charged for every minute. Those negatives experiences shaped the kind of services and approach I offer to my clients.
My goal is to make it easy for you to get the legal advice you need to protect and grow your business.
This is what I believe:
- You deserve great service. As a working mom, I understand the need for flexibility. My firm gives you that and more. I’m available via a secure, online portal to discuss your legal needs on a schedule that fits your life. I will meet with you via telephone or Skype so where you’re located physically doesn’t matter; we can still talk.
- Lawyers are a part of your business team. Just like your accountant or banker, a good lawyer is a resource you should be able to count on to brainstorm ideas and validate new opportunities.
- Legal advice should be easy to understand. I explain your legal options in everyday English, respecting that since it’s your business, you need to fully understand your options so that you can decide what makes sense for you and your company.
So what type of work do I do? Here is a small sample of work I’ve done for my clients:
- Secured foreign trademark rights for a technology start up.
- Handled a trademark purchase for an energy drink company.
- Helped a natural skin care company take on new investors.
- Helped a young hairstylist purchase her first salon.
- Formed a new business entity for an online publication.
- Obtained payment on an old, unpaid invoice for a media company.
- Formed a non-profit for a young professionals organization.
- Drafted client agreements for a public relations company.
I received my J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York and have a Certificate in Alternative DisputeResolution, also from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. I’ve been admitted to the Bar in both New York and New Jersey. And work with a network of attorneys from all over the country.
Prior to forming my law practice, I held a judicial clerkship with an amazing judge in New Jersey. I’ve also worked for non-profits in New York, at a premier lobbying firm in Washington, D.C., and on Capitol Hill in the Senate office of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
In addition to practicing law, I teach other women lawyers how to create their own innovative law practices through my company, Her Virtual Law Office. I am a member of the prestigious Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) and also serve on the Panel of Experts for the National Military Spouse Network.
When I’m not taking care of clients, you can find me in the kitchen baking something yummy, keeping up with my two adorable kids, hanging out with my hubby and spending time in France, my favorite place on earth.
Want to find out what services I offer? Learn how I can help your amazing business plans come to life and protect your ideas, ventures and brands.
Ready to get started? Registering for my Online Law Office is simple.